Sunday, February 3, 2013

Sunday Snow Day!

Mommy and I are in desperate need of a REAL snow day!  The only snow days we had last year were barely a few inches and all occurred on the weekends.  So far, the same situation holds true this year.  We have officially made it through two Januarys with no days off from school due to snow!  This is sooooo depressing.  I eagerly awaited the outcome of Groundhog Day yesterday.  National celebrity Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow which means spring will be here soon.  Bummer!  The Southern celebrity groundhog, General Beauregard Lee, did see his shadow predicting six more weeks of winter.  These confusing results put me in a quandary; do I have to follow the groundhog closest to me by area code, or can I pick which one I want to subscribe to??

I love having Mommy home from work when it snows.  We go in and out all day playing and enjoying the snow.  My favorite thing to do is roll around in it and EAT IT!  Every once in a while, I even pretend  I need to go potty so I can go out and lick the deck.  I don't think my parents have caught on, but it's only a matter of time before they do.  Those snowflakes just melt in my mouth and they make me look even cuter hanging on my whiskers.  Don't you agree?

 
It was snowing last night when we went to bed.  I don't remember seeing snow in the forecast yesterday, but I'll take it.  We woke to about an inch and a half of light fluffy snow.  It's beautiful, but it's not going to keep Mommy home tomorrow!  I guess beggars can't be choosers.  Mommy took us outside to play early this morning.  I bet our yelping woke up a few of our neighbors.  We apologize for that, but we were just so excited!  Jenna had fun retrieving tennis balls, and Dixie had fun chasing Jenna.  Dixie also helped Jenna locate the ones that went missing in the snow.  If you aren't sure which is which, Dixie will ALWAYS have TWO in her mouth! (Look closely, and you can see the whites of her little worried eyes too!)



 

I'm thankful for the snow, but still crossing my paws for a REAL snow day!

Wags and Sloppy Wet Kisses,
Hunter


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!