Saturday, February 16, 2013

Foiled Again!

Jack Frost has foiled us again!  Wednesday night the weatherman called for 1-3 inches of snow.  Although we did receive an inch of snow, life went on as usual the next morning (read between the lines here: Mommy had to go to school!).  It was a beautiful snow, a winter wonderland, but it didn't affect the roads at all.  Daddy was relieved; Mommy was bummed out. 

Hunter's and Dixie's prints in the snow
 
Jenna, the lightweight, adds hers to the mix

We had the same forecast last night, but all we received was a dusting of snow and a tiny bit of icy rain on top.  By the time I finish writing this post, it will probably all be melted.  Of course, Mommy said it didn't really matter what we received last night since today is SATURDAY and she doesn't have to go anywhere!  Here is what our yard looked like this morning:













It's time for Mommy to accept the not-so-cold hard facts.  She is going to have to go to work every day this school year.   Snow is in the forecast for the next few weeks, but still nothing major.  It doesn't appear that any official snow days will occur.  This makes two years in a row!  What are today's schools coming to? 

I guess there is a chance a few more flakes may fall later this month and perhaps even in March, but I won't hold my breath.   I guess technically I can't hold my breath because I'm a dawg and don't know how, but you know what I mean.  I promise this will be the last time I lament over our lack of snow.  I can't guarantee Mommy won't take over the blog and whine about it, but I will do my best to keep her away.  If we should luck up and receive any of substance, you'll be the first to know! 

Now if only the weather would decide to be wet or dry.  Mommy is going nuts cleaning our twelve muddy paws each and every time we go in and out!

Wags and Paw Prints (in the snow, on the carpet, on the tile . . . ),
Hunter






 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!