Sunday, October 13, 2013

Me Time

It's hard to do anything by yourself around these parts.  It seems like wherever one of us is, the others aren't far behind.  I mean, I can't even go to the bathroom by myself.  I'm sure for some of you who are moms, that might be a familiar scenario (or so I've been told).  Being a guy, I don't really know that feeling personally (not to mention I'm a neutered guy).  I do know how hard it is to find one-on-one time with our parents much less just one-on-one time with our own personal thoughts. 


Sometimes late at night, I act like I have to go outside just so I can go out and relax on my outdoor doggie bed all by myself.  Mommy is happy to oblige me the time away from my sisters, but she does get a little frustrated with me when she is ready to go to bed and I'm still enjoying the moonlight.  She knows if she even thinks about leaving me out there for the night that eventually I will begin barking to let her know I'm ready to come in.  She says it's usually about twenty minutes after her head hits the pillow.  About the time she is drifting off to sleep. 


The point is, the four of us are pretty tight.  I'm counting our canine gang of three and our honorary member, Mommy.  Daddy doesn't always count himself in our group because he says someone has to go make the money that supports our eating habits.  If that's the case, where does Mommy go each day?  Hmmm . . . I'll have to investigate that one. 


I guess I shouldn't complain.  There are lots of dawgs (and humans too) who are on their own in the world.  I must admit, I do have a pretty good life here with my parents and sisters.  I'll just have to work harder to find some "me" time.  Any suggestions?

Hunter



PS: Who is the one legged dawg???



No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!