Saturday, November 23, 2013

Help Wanted!

Dear Mommy,

It really is time you clean the house.  You used to be such a stickler for having a perfect house, but these days not so much.  It seems that with the addition of each of my sisters, you have fallen more and more behind.  I know they shed an awful lot of hair and it 's hard to keep up with, but that's even more reason for you to try!  Even the girls are starting to notice . . .

You can't be mad at Jenna.  I truly believe she was just trying to help.  I know it didn't appear that way to you, but give her the benefit of a doubt.  After she finished sniffing my bowl for leftover food, she wasn't really sniffing the rest of the eating area for more food.  Instead, she thought that perhaps if she knocked our entire bowl of water over, she might be able to help you mop the kitchen.  Wasn't that sweet of her?


Yes, I know 5:45AM on a weekday isn't the best time to mop the kitchen, but she's young; she's still learning.  Yes, I know our bowl was FULL and the water went all the way across the floor under the entire kitchen table, but that was her intent.  Spread the water as far as possible for maximum assistance.  Yes, I know you were already dressed and ready for work and had to get on your hands and knees to sop up all that water with towels (good thing you keep so many extra ones in the laundry room), but you really should say thank you.  That's one less task you have to do this weekend as you clean house.

IF you're planning to clean house . . .
Hunter


PS: Jenna's bowl is the blue one.  She eats in her crate since she is a food HOG and tends to try to steal everyone else's food.  Mommy always sits Jenna's bowl on top of ours after we are all finished.  You can probably see how easy Jenna thought it would be to help Mommy with the cleaning.  That water bowl is just waiting to be put into service.  I'm surprised Jenna didn't think of helping out earlier!

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness!! Hunter, that is a great story. I can just imagine how hot my mom would be if I did something like that. I personally I have never tried to help my mom mop before but I do try to save her from the broom and the vacuum cleaner. Whenever either one of them has a hold of my mom I try to bite them and get them away from her. Mom usually yells at me to stop so I guess she doesn't need saving after all. I hope you have a restful weekend and a Happy Turkey Day! We sure do have a lot to be thankful for, don't we?
    Wags,
    Barkley

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!