Sunday, September 30, 2012

Where's the Love?

I am sure some of you remember when Daddy used to call me, "The One Who Loves Me" (meaning him).  I used to hold a place of honor in this house.  I was known as the wild child, the baby of the family, the sweet girl . . . but no longer.

I think Jenna has taken my place in Daddy's heart! 
  • Daddy says Jenna follows him around, but is polite enough to give him his space.  I, on the other paw, like to be where he is, but I like to place my head in his lap.  This allows him to know how much I love him and allows me to be rubbed behind the ears at the same time.   What could be wrong with that?  It's a win-win for both of us. 
  • Daddy says Jenna is more like him: stubborn, ambitious, free-spirited.  I am a bit more reserved, more polite like my Southern name (please note, I did NOT say more like Mommy!). 
  • When my parents eat at the coffee table (which they do frequently since they don't have to set a good example for any human children), I hang back and let them eat.  I sometimes even lounge on the love seat and watch them from afar.  Jenna, on the other paw, rests her head on Mommy's knee and waits eagerly for anything that may fall her way (it rarely does). 
  • When I take my rightful place on the love seat in the evenings (the one I have held for the past two years) and mind my own business, Jenna jumps right up on top of me and stretches out.  She has no sense of boundaries (as stated earlier by my brother).  What makes her think it's okay for her to stretch out on top me? 
I've been trying to give Jenna the evil eye, but it doesn't always work.  She likes to stare me down.  I think she's making a move on my toys, but my parents assure me she isn't.  To be on the safe side, I keep my toys as close as possible to me, often times in my mouth. 

Here comes Daddy now.  He just gave me a big hug and kiss.  He does love me!  But here comes Jenna . . . hmmpf!

Wags and Kisses,
Dixie





No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!