Monday, April 13, 2015

The Chosen One


No matter how many times I try to tell my siblings that I am THE CHOSEN ONE, they don't believe me!  Well, the proof is in the car ride!  Mommy traveled to Grandma and Poppa's house for Easter and I was the ONLY one chosen to go.  Take THAT, Hunter and Jenna!

I guess the joke was on me since I had to wear a dawggie seat belt this time!  [sigh]   Mommy said she didn't do it to prevent me from moving around, but to prevent me from flying through the windshield in case of an accident.  She said the guilt was getting to her.  If she had human children, they would naturally be strapped in and since I'm just as important to her as a two-legged child, I needed to wear one too.  It took some getting used to and I couldn't get comfortable lying down in it, but I suffered through.  (Until Mommy felt guilty about my discomfort and then she unclipped me for short periods of time!)  I guess I'd better be nice or next time she'll make another proper parenting decision and put me in the backseat so I won't be smacked in the face with the air bag!


I had a great time at my grandparents' house.  Mommy helped Grandma and Poppa do a little spring cleaning and I lounged on Grandma's white sofa.  Thankfully, Mommy had brought an old sheet to cover the sofa so I would not leave tiny little black hairs all over the place!  I was QUEEN of the castle.


My cousin Cocoa was there, but she's so old (sixteen!!) all she does is eat and sleep.  Daddy says that's all Hunter does too, but he hasn't seen Cocoa lately.  That girl can sleep!  And where did she sleep?  On MY bed of course!!!  She takes over my bed every time I'm there.  I'm not sure if it's just that much more comfy than her bed, or if that's her way of telling me she's really the queen??  (We took my crate with us, but I was such a good girl, it never made it out of the car!)


As usual, I had fun with Grandma and Poppa.  I got to snuggle in bed with them and play ball.  During the spring cleaning I scored a few sets of tennis balls (cha-ching) and a pink bandanna.  Life doesn't get much better than that!

I hope you had a great Easter too!
Dixie

PS: For my cousin Lucy, I'm sorry you can't stay with my Grandma and Poppa while you're "homeless."  I've heard Mimi and Grandaddy aren't quite as fun with their grandawgs.  So sorry!  Only a few more days until you are home sweet home!  No offense Mimi and Grandaddy.  We know you love us, just not those little black hairs all over the place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!