Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Meet Jenna . . . At Long Last


At long last, Mommy finally decided to make my scrapbook!  If you don't already know, Mommy is a scrapbooking fool!  She has scrapbooks for each year of her marriage (fifteen), each home she and Daddy have lived in (three), and now each of their dawgs!  She even has a few books thrown in for special trips she's taken.  The pile of books is enormous!  Mommy has tried to embrace the newer, modern scrapbooks that can be made online (and has made a few of those too), but it's just not the same for her.

She's been scrapbooking like crazy all summer long.  She was behind by about a year and that is simply unheard of where Mommy's books are concerned!  I think she might have gotten burned out on baby boy books for her nephews last fall, although both boys are well worth the effort.  Mommy says you have to be in the mood to scrapbook, and apparently it took her a full six months to get back in the mood.  But when she did, it was with a vengeance.

I think Aunt Holly helped.  Sort of.  Holly is usually way behind Mommy in her scrapbooking, but she was catching up quickly!  There was no way Mommy could let that happen!  (Have no fear, she has already confessed this to Holly in person.)  Mommy caught up on an entire year this summer as well as created two separate books about the recent New York trip with Grandma.  She even worked on the current house book.  With all of this scrapbooking, I'm surprised she still found time for me, but she did!

Dixie and I patiently waited for her to finish so we could go play afterwards.  We love to lie around on this guest bed watching for possible intruders (when we're not sleeping).  Mommy has had to put an old sheet on the bed so we don't ruin it for the guests.


This is the smallest book Mommy has ever created.  I'm sure it's because there aren't any pictures of my cute, adorable puppy self.  It's certainly not due to a lack of love!  Mommy did her best to capture the highlights of my first year with the family.   I'm quite pleased with the results!


This die cut didn't punch out pawfectly and it's about to drive Mommy crazy.  The good news is that it's less than two inches tall on the page.   So don't look closely!







How do you like the "monogrammed" paw prints???  Mommy thought they were a fabulous idea.  She believes you can never have too many monograms.  And that's true for her scrapbooks as well!


I hope you've enjoyed seeing a few pages from my new book!  I love it!  I give it four paws up!
Jenna

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could get inspired. I intended to make a book for each grand, and have hardly started Claire's, and she is 7.
    Jenna's book looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely think you have to be in the mood to scrapbook!

      Delete

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!