Sunday, August 17, 2014

Summer Road Trip


While home visiting my grandparents, I had lots of adventures!  No Grandma, I am NOT counting my tummy aches that we still aren't sure how I contracted.  No, we are not counting that bag of Munchos I shared with Mommy in the car as the cause.  I'm talking about all the fun I had while visiting!

Up until now, Hunter was the only privileged dawg in the family to sleep on Grandma's white sofa.  And he was until Mommy went to spend the night with Cousin C and left me home alone (with Grandma and Poppa of course).  I thought about sleeping with them, but then decided my crate would be best since it's really what I'm used to.  It turns out Cocoa had already made that her resting spot for the night, so I had to make other arrangements.  Grandma handled the situation well and placed a sheet on the sofa for the remainder of my visit and for my resting pleasure!



After spending the night with Cousin C, Mommy spent the whole day with her.  They started at the yummy local doughnut shop, went clothes shopping, had lunch at their favorite drug store, and then had yogurt for dessert.  I'm not sure why I wasn't included since I too could go for a girl's day of shopping.  Instead they stopped in to play with me a couple times during the day, so it was still fun for me too!  Check out Cousin C's new smile; she lost a tooth while we were visiting.  Inflation has really kicked in since Mommy and Daddy lost their baby teeth.  They remember receiving a quarter for each tooth, but Cousin C received $5!!


Cousin A was loads of fun too.  He's at that stage where he repeats everything he hears.  For some reason, he loves to say CHEESE when he's having his picture taken.  I kept looking and looking, but never could find the cheese he was talking about!  Maybe if I start saying "cheese" when Mommy takes my picture, I will have better luck finding it.


On the way home, Mommy and I stopped at Aunt Holly's house.  Aunt Gwen hosted Mommy and Holly for a delicious lunch, and then they surprised Aunt Gwen with a visit from me!  Aunt Gwen was super surprised and thrilled to meet me!  (For the other family in Mommy's home state please don't be mad we didn't see you too; we are already working on including you in next year's travel itinerary!  Just remember we are a package deal.)


Aunt Holly has a dawg named Barkley.  We've exchanged a few emails over the past few years, but this was our first muzzle-to-muzzle visit.  Barkley was smaller than I imagined he would be.  We had fun chasing each other around the house.


It was a great trip, but I'm glad to be home.  I'm not sure if Jenna feels the same way.  She was not very welcoming when I returned.  Apparently when I'm out of sight, I'm out of mind too . . . forever!  She forgets I was here first!

Until my next road adventure,
Dixie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!