Sunday, June 24, 2018

Let's Get Crackin'


Do you usually have a wonderful home cooked Sunday dinner?  I'm talking about the noon meal.  Traditionally in the South, this meal is called dinner and the evening meal is called supper.  Mommy can be very traditional in some ways, but not with these terms.  She, probably like most of you, calls the noon meal lunch, and the evening meal can be referred to as either dinner or supper.  Personally, I don't care either way since I don't enjoy a noon meal (something I need to take up with my momager).  I only receive two meals a day, and I just call them both HEAVEN.  But I digress.  Mommy cooks pretty much every week night, but when the weekend rolls around, she starts feeling lazy.  Often, my parents only eat two meals on Saturdays and Sundays.

For about the last eighteen months, they have had a semi-routine Sunday lunch.  Both of our parents grew up having a delicious home cooked meal on Sundays, but not anymore.  Our parents head to church on Sunday mornings and then straight to lunch.  They've been flip flopping between their favorite Mexican place and Joe's Crab Shack with a few others thrown in occasionally.   Daddy especially has to have Joe's during crawfish season!  Again, I'm not that picky.  You could drop me off at either place or any of the dozens of restaurants in between.

As our parents became frequent visitors at Joe's, they got to know their server Blaire, a graduate student in occupational therapy at our local university.  Blaire is the sweetest person.  She always knew what Daddy was going to order, but called Mommy the Wild Card since Mommy changed her order on every visit.  They even started requesting Blaire's area when they arrived so they could be sure to visit with her.



Recently Blaire graduated and moved back to her hometown for an internship.  Our parents haven't been to Joe's since Blaire left.  They're afraid it might not be the same.  Where else will they find such personalized service???


Our parents are on the search for a new favorite place.  (If Mommy has any say in this process, they'll head back to the Mexican place and never leave!)  I think they should take me with them to help make the decision.  After all, they don't call me The Foodie for nothing!


So, Mom, Dad, let's get crackin'!
The Foodie,
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!