Friday, October 13, 2017

Uh Oh . . . [Muddy Dawg]


We interrupt Mommy grading papers to bring you  . . . a MUDDY DAWG!!!  A few weeks ago Mommy got pretty mad at me.  She was busy getting ready for the upcoming week when she happened to look up and see that Dixie had something all over her back.  When she tried to wipe Dixie off, she learned it was dried red mud!  Mommy knew the mud wasn't Dixie's fault!  It was MINE, ALL MINE!


I'd been out digging in mud created from water near the outdoor faucet and I had FUN!!!!!!!!  I have an Instagram pal in Australia named Homer that I'm dying to meet in person (in dawg?).  Mommy says apparently I'm DIGGING to see him.  When Mommy was growing up, she always heard it said someone was digging his way to China whenever a large hole was being created.  I say, "Forget China!  I'm headed Down Under!"  She's recently started calling me Digger.


Once Mommy realized I was the reason Dixie was muddy, she began to look around.  I had serious mud all over me and all over the house!  I think smoke started spewing out of her ears, I really do!  (I'm not sure how she missed this earlier since she's the one who opened the door for me.)  She grabbed me up and took me to the bathtub.  The other times I've had a bath have been in the shower (that has a door) with Mommy.  She didn't have time to take a shower herself on Sunday night, so she took me to the tub.  She should have stopped and grabbed the usual bath supplies, but that smoke coming out of her ears was clouding her judgment.  Once I was in the tub and wet she realized she didn't have dawggie shampoo or towels or any good way of rinsing me off except to resort to splashing me!  (That'll teach her to be mad at me!)



I was eager to show her I could jump out of the tub!  She had to hold onto me with one hand and try to stretch her short body across the bathroom to grab some sort of soap and towels.  Good thing we'd been working on my commands earlier because I still had my choke collar on.  She says it came in handy.  No worries, I was not harmed during this bath, but I was held onto firmly!

At the completion of the bath I had mud all over Mommy and the tub!  It took several rinses for all the mud to leave the tub.



But how can anyone stay mad at a cute face like this??




Mommy figured out how to stay mad . . . not only did she have to clean me and the tub, but then she had to clean a few spots on the carpet and mop the kitchen floor.  It was quite dirty!  I would venture to ask how dirty that kitchen floor was BEFORE I added mud to it, but that might add fuel to the fire already streaming out of Mommy's ears!


Thankfully, she fhas forgiven me and has vowed to be more observant when I come and go into the house!  After all, if she'd taken notice we could have avoided this whole incident!


Love from the Bad Boy of the house!
Ruger


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!