Sunday, November 17, 2013

Chilly Dawg

I don't know what it is, but lately I like to go outside at night and rest.  I think it's starting to frustrate Mommy.  She always gives each of us one last chance to go potty before turning in for the night.  Instead of going to potty, I go out and settle on my outdoor dawg bed.  Sometimes I go potty and then settle on my bed.  Mommy says I look so comfortable resting there that she hates to make me come in.  The problem is, if she doesn't make me come in I will wake her up some time later in the night barking my head off to get inside.  She  knows it; I know it.  I just don't want her rushing me. 

I usually reserve my outdoor dawg bed for the long hot days of summer, but I've felt it calling to me at night recently.  I don't know about where you live, but the  nights have been quite chilly here.  I'm looking at this most recent development in my schedule as proof that I am NOT getting OLD.  How many old people do you know that like to go out in the cold?  I can't think of one.  I find the night air invigorating.  Old people won't tell you that!


Secretly, I think Mommy is afraid I'm going to go outside, settle down on my bed, and pass on to Glory.  Mommy, you need not worry about that.  I have a few more good years in me!  I know you've been trying to bribe the new vet into making me live forever.  I doubt that will happen, and so far there's nothing wrong with me a few good pills can't handle.  Until then, let me enjoy my time outside in the evenings.  Even if that means you have to stay up late waiting on me . . . please?

Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!