Thursday, November 14, 2013

Guarding Mommy

Anyone who knows Hunter can tell you his bark is much worse than his bite.  He is sooooo loud!  He could probably wake the dead with his ferocious barks.  He makes a great guard dawg.  If anyone walks or drives by the house, he lets us know. 

I personally think Dixie has been hanging out with Hunter for too long.  She has learned from the best.  If she has a chance, she likes to settle down on the bed in the front guest room.  From this position, she has ample opportunity to scout out the comings and goings of the neighborhood.  She too lets us know when someone is outside, but her method is a long, deep howl.  It is amazing how much noise can come from her little bitty body.

I believe Hunter sometimes sees himself as Mommy's personal body guard.  At night, he usually sleeps on his orthopedic bed (on Mommy's side of the room) or on the floor next to her side of the bed.  I find this trait quite admirable and could see myself doing this too if I was allowed to sleep upstairs.  Instead, I'm left to guard the den from the confines of my crate.  Hmpf!

What I think is a bit unusual is how Hunter guards Mommy even when she's taking a shower.  When she gets up in the morning and begins her routine in the bathroom, Hunter moves into position.  He places himself right smack in front of the bathroom doorway to prevent anyone from entering.  I'm not sure how much actual guarding he's doing considering Mommy usually steps right over him when she finally opens the door.  Just because he's snoozing means nothing.  It's the thought that counts, right? 



Until it's my turn,
Jenna


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!