Monday, August 6, 2018

Hot and Hairy


This summer has been super HOT!  It started back in May with temps already in the 100s for several days running.  We've had at least THIRTY days this summer over 100 degrees!!!  Two days even reached 107 and 108!  WOW!!!  That makes me a HOT DAWG!

It seems every time my parents add a dawg to the family, they add a shedder.  When Dixie joined the family, she shed more than Hunter.  Mommy thought it was awful until Jenna arrived on the scene.  Jenna was one hairy girl!  Since I've arrived, I've blown Jenna's title of Hot and Hairy out of the water. Mommy was hoping I was going to take after my big brother Hunter.  He didn't shed that much.

My sisters did most of their shedding back in May when it first turned hot.  For some reason, I didn't really start shedding until late July. Mommy was dusting in her bedroom one day and noticed there were little brown hairs EVERYWHERE!  Soon after, she noticed I was leaving hairs all over her pants when I rubbed up on her.  She realized she needed to make more of an effort to help eliminate all of my hair.  She started brushing me DAILY!

This is the result . . . EVERY DAY!!!!



It's like a mini me running around the yard after Mommy finishes brushing me.  



I think Mommy should keep all of this hair, turn it into thread, and knit herself a Ruger scarf.  Who wouldn't want that?  When my parents and Hunter lived in Minnesota, Mommy's knitting teacher had actually done just that!  (Yep!  FOR REAL!!)


Instead, Mommy's been gathering it up and throwing it over the back fence.  She said she's sure the birds will enjoy its soft fluffiness in their nests.


While Mommy was gone to Santa Fe, Daddy did NOT brush me at all.  In his defense, he said Mommy did not leave it on his to-do list!  I looked like a shedding buffalo upon her return!


Can you see the resemblance???


Maybe this time next month I'll get to start keeping all my hair . . . probably not!  It won't be cold here until at least late October or early November!  Oh well.

Hot and hairy,
Ruger

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!