Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Dixie Day


Did you know there is a National Dixie Day?  How can you have overlooked such an important day?  Mark your calendar next year for August 1.  Actually, on second thought, this holiday may come around more often than once a year.  After all, shouldn't I be honored as often as possible???


Okay, so technically this holiday doesn't really exist, but IT SHOULD!!!  Mommy and I had a pawfect day on August 1, just the two of us.  Truth be told, she was feeling guilty.  Ruger got to try out the new dawg park all by himself the day before, and Ruger and Jenna went on their morning walk together and went swimming.  I was left out for reasons I'm still unclear about.  To make up for it, Mommy treated me to TWO surprises!

She decided to take a chance on me at the dawg park.  She was very nervous at first.  I tend to be a little aggressive towards other dawgs on our morning walks.  Mommy says it's because it's my only chance to be the Alpha Dawg.  I growl and bare my teeth at any dawg we come across that doesn't growl at me first.  Mommy says it's very embarrassing.  I think it's empowering!

She need not have worried.  I was an angel at the dawg park!  I REALLY was!  It had been sooooo long since I'd seen that much space to run free.  I really miss my HUGE backyard from the last house.

The dawg in the purple collar is Luna.  She's on the Welcome Committee at the park.  She greeted every dawg that arrived.  She and I played together a little bit.


We didn't catch this dawg's name, but she wanted my ball every time I retrieved it.  I do NOT give up my ball for anyone.  Well, maybe for Ruger.


Mommy took lots of tennis balls with us and we found lots of balls too!  I was in ball heaven!



All that running was exhausting!  I run in my yard where we live now, but it's more like short sprints.  This running was a build up to a marathon!


I had a great time at the dawg park, but my day wasn't over . . . 


Can you guess where we headed next???  We went through the drive thru window . . . 


at STARBUCK'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


One delicious puppuccino coming right up!



A friend asked recently if this was whipped cream or gray hairs on my face.  I'd like to say the whipped cream got away from me, but no, those are gray hairs!  I don't have many and they're in really weird places.



My pup cup was good to the last lick!  I had a fabulous day, just me and Mommy!  I can't wait until the next Dixie Day!

Love, Dixie


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!