Saturday, March 18, 2017

My New Favorite Toy


I know what you're thinking.  Another new toy??  I know I just recently introduced you to Leopard and Giraffe, but to be fair they've been around since Christmas.  I have an even "newer" favorite toy that I like to play with daily.  It's new to me anyway.  I truly have no idea how old it is exactly because I found it!


Mommy came home one day and this beautiful pink soccer ball was just sitting in the yard waiting for me to get my paws (and teeth) on it!  It's like it was meant to be!  We do have a few kids in the neighborhood, so it probably belonged to one of them at some point, but . . . FINDERS KEEPERS!  At least that's the philosophy I'm adopting in this situation.  Any child growing up where we currently live should know how windy it is on a daily basis and should know to put their toys away at the end of the day.  If they didn't before, they do now!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!


My sister and I both love to play fetch.  Dixie sticks to the tennis balls and I usually prefer my frisbee.  But this toy has given my fetch game new purpose.  I love for Mommy to kick the ball.  If it's early morning and she's about to go to work and is wearing nicer shoes, she'll pick up the ball and toss it for me.  Either way, I can chase after it or try to catch it in my mouth (this happens more frequently than you'd think).



The only drawback to my new toy when it first arrived was that it was so tough and large I couldn't REMOVE my mouth from the ball when I was told to drop it.  My teeth got STUCK in the ball!  It was quite a challenge to give the ball back to Mommy for the next toss or kick.  I learned I had to put it down on the ground and use both paws to pull it from my mouth.





Through all this tugging, pulling, and puncturing, I've kind of deflated the ball a bit.  Don't worry.  No need to feel sorry for me.  It still works!  The ball has kept most of its shape and Mommy can still kick it around the yard.  And the best part is that it's easier for me to drop it now!




When Mommy's not paying attention to me, I try to regain her attention by chewing on my new ball.  She doesn't like that!  She's told me if I peel it too much, she'll have to take it away . . .


I even try to get Mommy to play ball inside the house.  I found her on the kitchen floor recently repairing the rug.  I thought this was prime opportunity to get Mommy's attention!  Don't you agree?


I'm going to enjoy my new soccer ball for as long as it lasts.  Perhaps I'll start training for the US Women's Soccer Team . . . I could be the next Mia Hamm.  I don't really need to be the next Brandi Chastain.  She was the first woman to remove her shirt in celebration of her soccer victory (eighteen years ago . . . do you remember that?).  I don't think my fans could contain their excitement if I removed my fur coat!


I'll let you know when my first official game is and I'll expect to see you there!
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!