Saturday, September 24, 2016

"I Dove You!"

Last weekend, Daddy proved once again that I am his favorite!  Personally, there was never any doubt in my mind, but it became all too clear to Dixie.  Daddy had the chance to go dove hunting with one of our new neighbors and he took me with him!  Yeehaw!!

Daddy reported to Mommy that I did a good job.  Once I realized I wasn't supposed to try to catch the empty shells as they flew out of the gun.  AND once I realized I wasn't supposed to try to catch the shot out of the barrel as it was fired.  That was a BIG NO NO!  Daddy said there would be no way he could explain that one to Mommy if I got hurt (or worse).

My biggest problem was that I really didn't like the feel of the dove in my mouth.  I prefer the bigger trophies (who doesn't??).  Not knowing the area very well, Daddy kept me on a leash and walked every step I walked.  I didn't want to pick them up, but I did a great job of pointing out where they fell.




In the spirit of full disclosure, I do have to admit that although I may not have wanted to pick the birds up, that didn't stop me from eating one.  And only one!  Apparently eating the trophies is also a BIG NO NO!


While we were out in the field, Daddy saw a horned toad, also called a short-horned lizard, or a horny toad.  Mommy was so jealous!  She is dying to see one for herself!


Overall, it was a great day!  For me at least.  Dixie told me she cried and cried after we left.  Mommy felt so sorry for her they went on their own little adventure riding through the country checking out the area.  I'm sure Dixie enjoyed it, but there's no way she had as much fun as I did.


It was a Triple D Day:  Daddy, daughter, and doves!  What more could you ask for?
Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!