Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Water Dawg


Mommy says without a doubt, I am a WATER DAWG!  I've really been enjoying my time in the playa lake this summer.  We usually walk around the lake every day on our morning walk.  I've started pulling in the direction of the water as we walk around all four sides.  Mommy tells me NO most days, but every so often I wear her down.  



If we're lucky enough to find a tennis ball at the lake, then Mommy says it's meant to be that day!  We've started wondering if someone accidentally leaves their balls behind or if a Good Samaritan is leaving balls placed strategically where dawgs will find them so they can play!


Whichever is the case, being at the lake makes me HAPPY!!!!! (and stinky)


Of course, there are plenty of days when we don't stop at the lake.  On those days I depend on the kindness of our neighbors.  It is so wonderful when they water their lawn and create a swimming pool for me to enjoy!  I look forward to checking out this spot DAILY! 



Mommy even lets me off my leash when we get to this spot so I can truly roll around and enjoy myself!


I've also taken advantage of our lawn watering.  Mommy says it's a good thing we don't have an underground sprinkler system or she'd use it all the time!  Well, maybe.  She's really a cheapo who can't stand to pay for water.  Our town has been in a drought for many months now, and Mommy hasn't been willing to turn the sprinklers on that often.  (You can decide if it's because of the drought or because she's cheap . . . )  The yard looks really bad in places.  In the early mornings or late evenings when she does turn the water on, I am LOVING IT!  I like to walk around in a circle and drink straight from the sprinkler. 


Hopefully you've had a few great water adventures yourself!
Ruger

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!