Thursday, September 10, 2015

Possible Solution?


After our last unpleasant food discussion, you should know that Mommy is doing her best to try to alleviate that gross and nasty habit of Jenna's.  The solution, of course, starts with me.  I have to be able to keep my food down.  I'm not getting sick all the time, but apparently it's occurred often enough for Jenna to recognize the signs.

One course of action Mommy took during the summer was to remove my sisters from my vicinity in the hopes that I wouldn't feel pressured to down it quickly.  She tried to have me eat in the laundry room, but that wasn't pleasant for either of us. I won't stay in there by myself, so she has to hang out with me until I'm finished.  Jenna also tried to break the door down which was quite noisy.

Since the laundry room wasn't working out so well, Mommy decided to have the girls eat on the deck so I could enjoy my usual spot.  That actually worked pretty well for me.  And surprisingly, it worked for Dixie too.  Mommy was afraid Jenna might finish her own food and come after Dixie's, but that didn't happen.  I think Dixie's fierce "Stay Back or Else!" growl worked!

I don't mind eating by myself in the kitchen.  I can eat at my leisure and it seems to help keep my food down.  I'm not sure what will happen when it rains or there's a foot of snow on the deck, but that's really not my problem, is it?


Jenna still does her "thing" of course.  She finishes her food and runs to the door to watch me.  I don't let her worry me though.  I'm used to seeing her jump five feet in the air to be let in.




Knowing there will be bad weather days, Mommy has also started supplementing canned food with  my regular dry food.  I REALLY LIKE the yumminess that comes from the can.  I can even eat my meals with my sisters nearby when the can comes out!

We're all crossing our paws that this new food does the trick and Jenna's nasty habit is behind us.  (Everyone but Jenna, that is!)
Hunter


PS: We recently got to partake in some of Mommy's gluten and dairy free pancakes and they were yummy (even if a tad over cooked).  Funny, but pancakes never make me sick!  Yummmmmm!




No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!