Saturday, May 9, 2015

It's an Epidemic!


Remember how our parents deserted us last weekend and went off to have a good time without us???  Well, it's come back to bite them in the hiney big time!  I started coughing and gagging Thursday afternoon when Mommy arrived home from work.  At first, she says I just sounded like I was choking on something so she didn't pay too much attention.  When Daddy arrived I did the same thing, and he thought I was about to throw something up and shooed me outside.  A couple hours later there was no doubt in Mommy's mind what was going on . . . I had the kennel cough!

If you don't know about the kennel cough, it's a highly contagious bacterial infection that spreads when dawgs get together to have a good time.  There is a vaccine for it and all three of us had the vaccine back in October before our parents took off for a weekend getaway.  The vaccine is supposed to be good for a year.

Off to the vet we went for medicine to make me feel better.

I was a good girl, but I can't say the same for Mommy!

As luck would have it, I had to end up in the room with the cat shaped glove dispenser.  
Hunter has all the luck when he's at the vet!

We came home with medicine for me and Hunter (because he's so old and bound to get it too).  Mommy and the vet were crossing their fingers that Dixie wouldn't catch it also.  No such luck!  This morning ALL THREE of us were coughing and gagging!


Last weekend isn't looking like such a sweet escape now is it???
Jenna


PS: Happy Mother's Day weekend to all you moms.  I'm sure our mom is going to have a fabulous time with all of her sick babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!