Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is my TWELFTH birthday!!!  That's eighty-four in human years.  Any way you look at it, I'm getting OLD!!  We celebrated with birthday "cake" as well as cookies and ice cream.  Mommy and Daddy let me eat my giant iced "cake" all by myself with no sisters stalking my every move or breathing down my neck.  We could hear loud yelps from inside, but they couldn't get their teeth on my treat.  I even "blew" out the candle . . . by snuffing it with my nose.  Ouch!  Who thought it was a good idea to light the candle??  (Daddy says he'll give you one guess!!)



Once I finished my treat, Mommy dished up the same kind of ice cream and cookies we had for the girls' birthday last week.  She made sure to get a picture this time.  We made quick work of the treats.



Dixie was then ready to resume her favorite activity: retrieving tennis balls.  



I tried and tried to get my party hat off, but it was a snug fit.  No amount of shaking my head seemed to loosen it up.



On the other hand, Jenna seemed to wear her hat all over her head.  I finally put a stop to her problem by snatching it off her head for my dessert!  Don't worry; I didn't actually eat her hat . . . but I wanted to!




It was a great birthday!  I want to send a bark out to Uncle Wes and Uncle Heath as they celebrate their birthdays too.  It was obviously a great day to be born!  (Or week if you prefer to look at it that way, Poppa!)


Here's to many more years!  (Crossing my paws)
Hunter


PS: Yes, that picture above was taken recently.  I look YOUNG, don't I??

PSS: Poppa, I am super sorry there was a typo in yesterday's blog!  I will use old age as my excuse.  I don't know why my much younger sisters didn't catch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!