Thursday, February 9, 2017

Are You Ready?


In a year it will be time to kick off the 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea.  I'm READY!  I've been training hard.  You might wonder what my sport is . . . Tennis?  Swimming?  Ball Retrieval?  All good ideas since I'm perfect at those.


But those activities are more suited to the summer.  I'm talking about a dangerous sport that really puts its athletes in harm's way.


No, I'm not talking about bobsledding, although my sport of choice is similar . . . sort of.  If you haven't seen Disney's 1993 movie Cool Runnings about the 1988 Jamaican bobsled team, you really should watch it.  Very good movie and it definitely puts me in the mood for next winter.


No, I'm not talking about the luge either, but you're getting warmer . . .


Have you figured it out yet?  This member of Team USA looks so much like me in his black suit.


Yes!  My sport of choice is the skeleton.  I'm sure the name of the sport has NOTHING to do with what could become of its athletes if they fail to make it down the track!  Nothing . . .


This athlete from Japan looks just like me don't you think???


My coach uses tennis balls to inspire me in my training and help me focus on my goals.  Here's a look at my Olympic worthy form as I practice.


I practice nonstop.  In all rooms of the house.  It's too early to know exactly what the track will be like in South Korea, but the more prepared I am the better my chances.


I even try to get in a few early morning practices each day as well.  I'm not sure my coach is as dedicated as I am.  Maybe if I promise her she can share the podium when I take home the gold, she'll change her tune?


Here's to future Olympians everywhere!
Dixie Doodle





No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!