Friday, May 6, 2016

Confusion Strikes Again


I told you my crate had been moved around recently and was causing me all sorts of confusion.  I forgot to tell you that this relocation had also caused me to be without my usual table setting.  I have eaten in my crate since I arrived on the scene here four years ago.  Part of that was because there simply wasn't room at the "table" for three dawgs with Dixie and Hunter already eating there.  I have to admit the more pressing reason I eat in my crate is because I'm a fast eater and I like to eat everyone's food.  It's not a point of pride for me, but necessity.  What can I say?  I LOVE food!

When Hunter passed away, Mommy tried to move me to his place setting, but that didn't go over well with Dixie.  It's hard for her to simultaneously eat and bare her teeth at me.  That resulted in me eating my food and hers.  I thought this arrangement was fine, but Mommy and Dixie disagreed.  I went back to eating in my crate, but I no longer have to have the door locked.  I've learned to wait it out until Dixie is finished.  Once she is finished and moves away from her bowl, I take kitchen patrol and do a quick once over to check for any morsels left behind.

For the two weeks my crate was in the garage, I no longer knew where to eat my meals.  Mommy finally sat my bowl down behind the love seat.   This played havoc with Dixie for a few days, but overall we both adjusted fairly well.  Until Mommy lost her mind one evening . . .

For reasons unknown to any of us, she placed MY bowl in front of Dixie and Dixie's bowl in front of ME.  You must remember I have a bowl with dividers to slow me down.


Dixie had NO idea what to do with my bowl.  She just stood and stared at it.  Mommy didn't realize she had made a mistake until she heard a horrible noise coming from my direction.  It was me scarfing up all of the food in Dixie's normal bowl at super sonic speed since there were no dividers!  I was finished in no time at all and ready to move on to the other bowl!


Dixie finally tried to eat HER food in MY bowl, but she wasn't happy about it. And she was really slow . . .


I thought the sisterly thing to do would be to show Dixie how it's done, but Mommy held me back!


Finally, in an effort to make us both happy, Mommy took Dixie's remaining food and dumped it into Dixie's original bowl.  Dixie was able to finish her meal in relative peace.  I made sure there was nothing left for me in MY bowl!



We still aren't sure what came over Mommy that caused her to make the switch.  She's paying closer attention when she feeds us now, so hopefully this "problem" won't happen again.  Although I'd be okay if it did.  It worked out just fine for me.  Super fast yummmm!

Here's to fast food!
Jenna



No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!