Monday, September 17, 2018

The Great Escape!


A few Sundays ago, we got into BIG trouble!!!  We had an all out adventure before the sun even came up!  We woke Mommy up at the usual time (6AM) and asked for breakfast.  When we finished eating, Mommy let Dixie outside to potty first followed by Jenna and then me.  We frequently go outside by ourselves and then we just bark when we're ready to come back in.  Mommy decided to check on us after we'd been out there for about five minutes.  When she opened the door, she realized to her horror the back gate was OPEN and we were ALL GONE!!!!!  With no collars on!!!!  (We're all microchipped thankfully, but still . . . )


Mommy immediately ran to wake Daddy and they began the search for us.  All total our adventure was about thirty minutes long.  Our parents have watched the security cameras at our house to see our actions and are able to giggle about it now, but they both agree it was no laughing matter at 6:15 AM!

As soon as Dixie came outside, she began barking trying to alert Mommy to the open gate.  Mommy thought nothing of the barking because we have so many dawgs in the neighborhood and we frequently bark at them.  Then Jenna came outside and although she took note of the open gate (which is apparently all Mommy's fault), Jenna didn't venture out.  She went about her morning routine while keeping her eye on the gate.  The incriminating video evidence shows I came out and within seconds I had discovered my path to freedom!  (I frequently sit in the backyard and dream of what's on the other side of the fence).  Jenna followed me shortly after.


The video shows Miss Goody Two Shoes Dixie leaving and then coming back and forth at the open gate for about five minutes before being discovered by Mommy.  Before Mommy and Daddy left in the Jeep to start their search, Mommy looked out one more time and found Jenna had made her way back home.  Jenna had pushed the gate open to let herself back in.

Our parents drove around about twenty minutes looking and calling for me.  They finally drove back to the house to see if I had returned home because Daddy says dawgs always come home.  Mommy ran through the house to see if I had returned through the back gate.  When she came back in the house, there I was!!!


Daddy found me!  Actually, I found him.  I met him in the driveway.  I got a "Good Boy!" for making my way back home.  Needless to say, we are naked no more!  Our collars are back on, the the gate is tightly closed, and my lips are sealed about my real adventure.

What happens on the other side of the fence, stays on the other side of the fence!
Ruger

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!