Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Caught!


You're going to think from this title that I was caught in the act of doing something bad, but you would be entirely wrong!   I seem to be involved in all kinds of escapades lately.  Exactly one week after I made my great escape, I found myself in another predicament.

Our parents returned form church one Sunday and were greeted at the door by only Jenna and Dixie.  Mommy thought I was just being slow because I do tend to move at my own pace and only when I want to!  She was very casually calling to me and says she kept expecting to see me come strolling around the corner of the kitchen.  I could hear her, but I couldn't see her.


Nor could I get to her . . .Mommy kept calling for me and I kept wanting to go see her and Daddy, but I just couldn't bring myself to do so.  I heard the back door open and Mommy call outside for me.  Did she think she'd left me outside all morning while they were at church?  That never happens.

Finally I heard her approaching.  She finally saw me in my crate.  She didn't remember putting me in there and noticed the door was wide open.  She started talking to me and asking me why I wasn't coming out.  Then she started freaking out.  I could hear the panic in her voice.  ( I think she actually freaked more about this than my escape the week before!)  She could see my legs flailing around in the air and see that I was trying to get up but couldn't.  She yelled for Daddy to come help.

They both realized what was wrong at the same time.  My collar was STUCK on the wires of the crate!  Daddy released my collar from the crate while Mommy released the collar from my neck.


Mommy said I was so smart.  How is getting your collar stuck on your crate smart???  She says other dawgs might have kept pulling and pulling until they passed out or choked themselves.  I was smart enough just to enjoy the view from my crate and not panic.  She was so relieved this was my only problem.  She thought there was something seriously wrong with my legs or back.

On the other paw, she was shocked my collar got hung up on the crate.  This is the same type of collar we always wear at home (not the prong collar, that's saved for going out in public because we tend to listen better with it on!).  Mommy says she's never had any problems with these collars on any of us in sixteen years!  Oh well.  Since then I've been allowed to run naked and free at home.  And Mommy double checks the gate every time she opens the back door so we don't have a repeat of either of my escapades!


I'll try to not get myself into any more trouble!  Cross your paws!
Until next time,
Ruger

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!