Friday, December 1, 2017

Fire in the Hole!


When I first arrived on the scene, I didn't really take notice of the hole in the wall.  Jenna's crate was out in the middle of the den since she was convalescing and needed to be where she could keep up with all of us.  (Look at how tiny I was!!)



But a few weeks ago the temperature started to drop and Daddy moved that giant medallion screen to reveal the hole.  What in the world was he doing and why did we have a hole in the wall?  If you listened carefully you could even hear the wind blowing through it . . .


Daddy said the hole is really called the fireplace and it's a favorite feature in any house for him.  As soon as it gets the least bit chilly, he loves to build a fire.  He said I have to be careful and not get too close.  He also said that wooden leaf garland Mommy has hanging over the fireplace is a fire hazard, but I'm not totally sure of what he meant.


It only took Daddy a few minutes to build a roaring fire in the hole, I mean the fireplace.  I have it on good authority (from my sisters) that Mommy takes a LOT longer to successfully build a fire and it doesn't always stay lit!  This thing called fire is amazing!  It made all kinds of cool, crackly sounds and gave off heat that kept me warm.


Once it made a loud crashing sound and I had to jump across the room to save myself!  Mommy said it was just a log shifting, but I feared there might be something more sinister in there trying to grab me.


I finally became convinced that it was okay to enjoy my usual sleeping spot in front of the hole.  Drat!  It's going to take me a little while longer to call the hole by its proper name.


If you need me I'll be curled up sleeping in front of  the fireplace!
Ruger

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!