We are bracing for our second hurricane in two years! WOW! Who would have thought that would ever happen where we live? Not me! Hurricane Sandy is going to pack a punch, yet it's only a Category 1 storm. Mommy told us to cross our paws so that maybe she'll be able to miss a day of school and stay home with us. She really doesn't expect a lot of damage, but the surrounding areas are prone to flooding even in a regular rain storm. For now, the forecast is calling for the brunt of the storm to hit Monday night and into Tuesday. It's still too early to tell how much we should expect from the storm, but we are busy preparing:
- gallons of water: check
- bottled water: check
- even more water in the bath tub for flushing: check
- deck furniture tied down: check
- baby pool finally put away: check (that one makes me sad)
- gasoline in the vehicles: check
- gasoline for the generator: check
- food: check (I wonder if Mommy has enough dog food too?)
- books and magazines for Mommy to read: check
- new toys for me and my sisters: check (Thanks, Daddy!)
- purchase of floaties for the three of us . . . maybe tomorrow!
I hope you have had a great weekend. We are only a few days from Halloween! I'm sure no matter what happens with Hurricane Sandy, the doorbell will be ringing soon. I've got my bark on (but not my costume yet) and I'm ready!
PS: Isn't that a cool spider web Mommy captured on the deck recently? Even the spiders are ready for Halloween!