Friday, January 26, 2018

Puppy Class


We told you our proofreader has been slacking off lately and today's post is proof!  This is old news for our closest friends and family!  Starting last October and going until the week before Thanksgiving, I attended puppy classes.  Since I'm the fourth dawg in my parents' lives, they probably could have easily taught me all the basic skills (sit, stay, down, heel, etc) I need to function as a properly behaved lab, but they wanted me to be socialized around other dawgs as well.  (Having learned all they needed to know in Hunter's puppy classes, Daddy deemed these classes pointless for Dixie since she could be homeschooled . . .sure, Dixie knows her commands, but she is fierce with strange dawgs!)

I must admit, I was one of the stars of the class!  Seriously!  I listened pawfectly to Mommy as she lead me around the room in a pawfect heel position.  I was super good!


I listened attentively to the directions.  The teacher in Mommy appreciated that!



We were told to go to Home Depot or Lowe's and pick up a nail bag to carry treats . . . Daddy simply retrieved a leather tool bag from the garage for Mommy to use! (insert eye roll here)



When we first started going to class, I could ride in the front on Mommy's lap.  She says this became a bit cumbersome, so we eventually migrated to the back seat.  I saw WE because I prefer to ride as close to Mommy as possible!






You're looking at the future valedictorian . . . 


A bonus to puppy class was that my parents didn't have time to fix dinner before or after the classes each week, so they treated themselves to fast food on the way home.  I really liked the fries at McDonald's!


But did you know Chick-fil-a serves dawg treats?  Mommy didn't know that either!
Is that part of some secret menu??


I met so many nice dawgs in this class, including another Ruger!  The other Ruger was a chocolate lab mix.  He was very well behaved!  (He must have been taking notes from me!)




This pit bull mix was rescued from an abusive situation.  If a Most Improved Award had been given out, he would have won paws down!  When he could finally heel and walk at his mom's side, the entire class gave them a round of applause!


 Here we are at graduation!  I only have eyes for Mommy!  She did a good job too!



Here's to my next training adventure!

Top Dawg,
Ruger

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!