Thursday, November 16, 2017

A Permanent Reminder . . .


An anniversary has come and gone recently, but I'm not sure if I should mark it or not.  Last year on October 8, I changed Mommy forever . . .

That was the day she tried to retrieve a chicken bone from my mouth that we came across while walking.  I accidentally bit and broke her finger!  You can read all about it here and here.   I'll admit it wasn't my finest moment.  (Or hers either if we're being honest!)




Mommy was hopeful her broken joint would return to its original size.  That's apparently not to be.  She says she has old lady joints in this finger now!  Here's what her finger looks like a year later:  (not bad from this angle)


But this angle shows a different picture (literally and figuratively).  Most of Mommy's fingers  (and I'm assuming yours too) can bend in two directions.  In this picture you can see how her pointer finger bends down.  You can also see her wonky old lady joint (or knuckle as the picture says) in this picture. 


But here you can see how her broken finger cannot bend in that concave direction any longer.  It probably never will.  [sigh]  That joint can be popped now when it's feeling tight.  It does bend in the opposite direction as far as it's supposed to, so that's a good thing!  Just trying to look on the bright side . . .


Another bright side to this story is that we both learned a valuable lesson.  Mommy learned (maybe?  hopefully?) not to come between me and food.  I learned to look beautiful when I'm guilty.


Another positive note?  Mommy says she'll never forget me!  As if there was any doubt previously?? Ha!

Jenna
The Foodie

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!