Sunday, November 4, 2018

Our Pet Ostrich


We recently had an exotic animal in our house.  We had a black ostrich!  She was very intent on hiding her head in the sofa.  Her name was Dixie!

Dixie rarely gets on the love seat anymore. She used to love to sit on the love seat in our previous house.  Then we bought a new sofa and Mommy put a ban on dawgs on the sofa.  That lasted for a while and then she relented.  I'm the only one who takes advantage of Mommy's weakness for having us near her.  Dixie usually sits at Mommy's feet instead.  The only exception is if Mommy is enjoying a snack while sitting on the sofa. As the foodie in the house, I like to beg from Mommy's feet.  Dixie sometimes jumps up next to Mommy to have an up-close view of the food.

Recently Dixie hopped up on the love seat and there was't any food in sight!  Mommy was surprised,  and I was a little annoyed Dixie was in my place, but I behaved and allowed her to stay there.  Mommy says the reason Dixie doesn't sit up there often is because I dominate the love seat.  That's not true!  All Dixie has to do is ask politely!


After saying hello to Mommy, Dixie buried her head in the sofa cushions!




Mommy really likes Dixie's ears in this next picture.




The ostrich emerged briefly . . . 



 . . . and then went into hiding again!


Eventually Dixie decided to be Dixie the Lab and not Dixie the Ostrich.  She snuggled up to Mommy for several minutes more before (finally) relinquishing the sofa to its rightful owner!




Yes, this next one is ME!


Hopefully the ostrich won't be back anytime soon.  Mommy disagrees with my thinking, but I don't want anyone, even my sister, to take my place.

Until next time, 
Jenna
Sofa Squatter


No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments about this post. Woof! Woof!